Wednesday 1 October 2008

My Chosen Months

Research Boards

 

March

Click this link for full size image

The idea behind my March research board was the introduction of new life, as plants and insects begin to grow and emerge. Based on the images above I plan to model a garden/nature scene incorporating these things to give the impression of a fresh organic environment.

 

August

Click this link for full size image

August is perhaps the warmest month throughout summer, keeping this in mind I intend to model a beach side scene such as the outdoor area surrounding an apartment. In my opinion objects such as a beach ball and a barbeque effectively represent this month as they are typically only used during this time of the year.

 

December

Click this link for full size image

The main event occurring throughout December is Christmas, consequently I have decided to produce an indoor scene featuring cozy lighting and various decorations to express this annual celebration. I also hope to model specific food/drink such as candy canes, christmas pudding and a glass of wine as these objects are traditionally consumed around the duration of December.

 

Mood Boards

 

March

Click this link for full size image

Whenever I think of March, I immediately visualize the spring time including fresh green vegetation, new life and rainy weather which the UK normally experiences during this month. I am particularly pleased with the mood board above as I believe it clearly displays a range of textures that closely relate to the month of March.

 

August

Click this link for full size image

As August is usually a warm month I purposely chose bright and vibrant colours for this mood board orange for example seems to generate a feeling of heat. Recreation throughout this month is frequently spent on a beach therefore the texture of sand gives an impression this type of environment. Many people, especially children enjoy a good water fight during the hot weather that occurs during August as well as the taste of ice cream that helps to cool them down.

 

December

Click this link for full size image

December to me, is possibly the coolest month of the year when it inevitably snows if the temperature drops to sub-zero levels. People wrap up warm, turn up their central heating and put logs on their fires in order to escape the cold weather. Snow and Ice are the primary textures that spring in my mind when considering December and how they can transform landscapes underneath a white blanket.


1 comment:

Lee said...

Liking the images you have created for your months and a nice choice of months aswell should be good to see what you can make for them!